Lesson Activity 1 (Video)
Recommended Subject: Health or Other
Time to complete activity: 20 minutes
- Health: Recognize how germs spread and apply practices to reduce germs in our community (e.g., hand washing, not eating food off floor, not touching others’ food, wash fruit and vegetables)
- Health: Recognize that germs cause illness
- Video projector
- Whiteboard or other large note-taking space, with writing utensil
Ask the discussion questions below before watching the video. Watch the video as a class, then ask the same questions and make note of any changes in the answers on the board. Have the students discussed what made them change their mind.
- Do you think hygiene is important?
- Is cleaning your bedroom helpful to you?
- Should you be worried about germs?
As a class: Show the video using screensharing capabilities. Record changes in thinking using virtual whiteboard or chat feature.
Individually: Have the students watch the video on their own and write or draw about what they learned.